January 27, 2016 Meeting Topic
RING 41, MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN – Dr. Richard Mossey Ring
Meets last Wednesday of month, except July & Aug
Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, 53208.
Hello Dr Richard Mossey IBM Ring 41 Members and Friends!
January 27, 2016 Ring Meeting Gift Magic at the Tripoli Shrine 7:00 pm
The concept of Gift Magic is relatively new. In brief, it refers to performing effects that leave people with a souvenir. The very fact that you perform magic is a gift. When you leave a spectator with physical gift, you are “supersizing” your gift and leaving them with something memorable. The gift doesn’t have to be big or expensive, but it is something they will cherish because it was given to them, thereby creating a very personal experience. They’ll hang on to it and the memory it created. The only book dedicated exclusively to this topic, Gift Magic, was edited by our February 4th lecturer, Larry Hass
Putting Theory into Practice
For our January 27, 2016 meeting, we will be putting the notion of gift magic into practice. Please plan to perform, demonstrate, or talk about effects that can leave a spectator with a tangible gift. What can you come up with?
• A miser’s dream routine that doesn’t hoard but instead gives away cookies
• A rose appears at your fingertips which you give away
• A warming interaction turns some torn tissue paper into a hat
• A torn napkin becomes a heart-warming flower
• A blank piece of paper becomes a dollar bill which is partially turned inside out
• An ambitious card routine ends up with your signature as well as a spectator’s
What sparks your imagination?
See you there!
Scott Edward Lane